This is a recipe from my grandmother, I used to make it with her when I was a kid. It brings back memories 🙂 and it has low sugar content.
1 angel food cake
1 pint crushed strawberries
1 can crushed pineapple (in own juice)
1 can fruit cocktail (light syrup)
1 large package sugarfree strawberry jello
1 large package sugarfree vanilla instant pudding
1 large container cool whip
1. Break angel food cake into pieces in a punch bowl.
2. Prepare jello using 1 cup hot water and pour over cake.
3. Drain fruit cocktail and spread over cake.
4. Layer drained pineapple and half of the strawberries on top of fruit cocktail.
5. Prepare pudding mix and pour over fruit.
6. Cover with plastic wrap.
7. Place in refrigerator for a couple of hours to chill.
8. Cover with cool whip and garnish with the other half of the strawberries.